Ima, What did I just step in? Ima?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

They just left...

NJD came by with the boys on his way home from the game. Pro sports are not my thing, but I had to listen as youngboy and teenboy told me about the game. Even though I hate (Is hate strong enough a word. Think Hatfield McCoy kind of dislike for anything involving a ball) sports, the step family message board suggested pretending to be interested in things the kids say.

NJD just smiled and rolled his eyes as they talked. God, how I love that man.

Things went as planned with younggirl and teengirl. We had pizza and fries, ate with our hands, and did not let younggirl sit on my white couch until after she washed her hands.

Then, while younggirl watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, teengirl and I went up to my closet. We are about the same size, and I have some nice slacks I don’t wear any longer. Nothing too revealing, and what better way to get in good with her than to give her a few pairs of pants.

So I gave her a few pairs that I never wear any more, which she loved and gave me a huge hug (I am really getting used to this. I hope it never stops.)

After she tried on the pants, and they fit, teengirl started to open up to me. About how she felt about her parents divorce, and the waterworks began. Lots of crying from both of us. But in the end, it made us really feel a lot closer :)

I also gave her a few pairs of earrings I never wear anymore, for her newly pierced ears. I guess I made a decision. I didn’t want to get involved between teengirl and her mother, so I didn’t go to the ear piercing at the mall. But now, as I am getting closer to her, I am giving her pants and earrings, and that will put me between teengirl and her mother. And I decided I don’t care what NJDs Ex thinks anymore :)

NJD called me about an hour after he got home and told me that the girls had a really great time with me, and maybe we should do something where I spend more time with the boys. But I don’t know. Boys are so not easy to connect with like girls are. But we’ll see.

1 Comments:

  • Yikes! Am I really that shallow? Love it! (I think)



    (goes to hide in closet) (with shoes)

    By Blogger StepIma, at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home