Ima, What did I just step in? Ima?

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The kids are coming over to my place…

Not all of them. Just teengirl and younggirl. NJD is taking the boys to a ballgame, but I can’t tell you which team they like, that would cut the anonymity thing really close, and I offered to have teengirl and younggirl come hang out with me. At my apartment.

Ack.

What was I thinking. I have had this fantasy or fear, that the girls would come over for some special bonding time. I would show younggirl my Nancy Drew collection; I’d share my half written novel with teengirl. (I told you I was a writer a long time ago, see I used a semicolon again, which proves it.) Maybe we would rent a movie, and have some dinner. And then, as younggirl watched TV and fell asleep on the couch, I would take teengirl into my closet for a wardrobe update.

In my fantasy, there is no NJD Ex-wife to complain that her daughter is being exposed to my pants. Not my undies, you silly brits, just pants. Pants, pants pants. My clothing is tznius-lite. Short skirts, short sleeves, but high necklines.

But during the whole divorce drama that lasted two extra years, NJDs Ex tried to write in the settlement (ok no lashon hara, no lashon hara nlh nlh nlh) let’s just say, some conditions about the types of clothing her daughter could wear when NJD had custody. And technically, even with teengirl at my house, he is still the custodial parent. But I have some pants that would look great on teengirl, and since we missed our chance to bond when she had her ears pierced, maybe if I gave her some nice (not tight) pants, we could really connect.

I have the perfect outfit picked out for when the girls come over. A pink Old Navy sweatshirt and red sweatpants :). I just want to sit with them and maybe we’ll order food they can eat with their hands, since they have no table manners anyway, and we’ll just do some female bonding.

But with the Ex still involve in their lives, maybe I should hold off on the whole introducing her to my closet thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home